Unit 2 Activities: At School
|Book:||Unit 2 Activities: At School|
|Printed by:||Guest user|
|Date:||Sunday, 29 January 2023, 2:33 PM|
1. Unit 2 Activities
Attached are activities for Unit 2. These include an online song with accompanying exercises and a quiz to test your students' knowledge of the unit. For ease of access, additional online materials such as videos and songs will be kept separate from the activities document.
Note: All the activities are suggestions. We suggest you spend a few minutes at the beginning and end of each session to ease into the activities. Make any adjustments and vary the Opening and Closing, if needed, to fit the levels of your students.
2. Begin Your Lesson
Opening: Write the day and date on board. We suggest you start the session with a song or video (see below). Instructor and students greet each other. Engage in a conversation with the students about some of these familiar topics.
· Instructor says: “Good morning/afternoon, students!”
o Students say: Good …!
· Instructor says: “It’s nice to see you again.”
o Students say: I'm glad to see you too. (Explain that glad means happy.)
· Instructor says: “Welcome to our lesson.”
· Instructor says: “My name is “…” “What’s your name?”
· Student says: “My name is “…” That student turns to next student and asks, “What’s your name?” The next student says… “My name is…” (Continue speaking and practicing names with each student in the group.)
· Instructor asks: “How are you? What’s new?”
- Student says: I'm good/ I'm fine/ I'm all right
· Instructor asks: “How is your day?” Student says: It is good. / My day was great/fine.
· Instructor asks: What time is it?
- Song for young kids with body movements:
· Instructor asks: “What day is today? What day was yesterday? What day will it be tomorrow?”
- Early Elementary
· Instructor asks: “What season are we in now?”
· Instructor asks: “What is the month?” Practice saying today is “…….” with students. Elementary and Young Juniors
· Instructor asks: “How’s the weather?” Early Elementary song:
o Students practice saying: It is cloudy/ it's rainy/ it's hot/ it’s nice/ sunny/ windy / cold / foggy…
· Instructor asks: “Are you ready to start our activities today?”
- Students: “Yes!!”
Need help calming your students down? Try this: How to Calm Young Children Down in Minutes – Palming technique – Early Elementary (grades 1-4) Video:
3. "Quiet Please"
Video & Accompanying Activity
A) Follow the link below to arrive at the British Council website. This specific activity reviews different objects and actions that are found in the classroom in the form of a song.
Click here to visit the British Council website - "Quiet Please".
4. Match them up!
Draw a line to match the picture to its word.
התאימו בין המילה לציור
6. Memory GameParticipants: 2-6
- Print (preferably in color, or if you don't have access to a color printer mark the cards in their appropriate colors using markers, colored pencils, etc) and mix up the cards.
- Lay them in rows, face down.
- Turn over any two cards.
- If the two cards match, keep them.
- If they don't match, turn them back over.
- Remember what was on each card and where it was.
- Watch and remember during the other player's turn.
game is over when all the cards have been matched.
- מערבבים את הקלפים.
- הניחו אותם בשורות, פנים כלפי מטה.
- בכל תור הפכו שני קלפים.
- אם שני קלפים תואמים, שמרו אותם.
- אם הם אינם תואמים, הפכו אותם בחזרה.
- זכרו מה היה על כל קלף והיכן הוא היה.
- התור עובר לשחקן הבא, צפו בו וזכרו את הקלפים.
- המשחק נגמר כאשר נהפכו כל זוגות הקלפים.
Print the following table twice
7. Songs about Colors
8. Find the words!
the school objects in the word search below.
הקף את חפצי בית הספר בתפזורת למטה.
9. Finish Your Lesson
Closing: After each session before you say goodbye, ask students to reflect on the lesson.
· Instructor asks: What is one thing you liked about the lesson?
· Ask each student to tell you 3 new English words they learned today.
o Repeat the new words after the student says them. Then, repeat the new words with the student again so he/she practices and learns the correct pronunciation.
· Ask: What is one question you still have about what you learned today?
Say goodbye to the students. Tell them you are looking forward to seeing them next time… Instructor says: Have a good day/afternoon… See you next time…