Unit 3 Activities: Animals
|Book:||Unit 3 Activities: Animals|
|Printed by:||Guest user|
|Date:||Saturday, 23 October 2021, 7:28 PM|
1. Unit 3 Activities
Attached are activities for Unit 3. These include an animal vocabulary worksheet and letter practice using vocabulary from past and present units.
2. Begin Your Lesson
Opening: Write the day and date on board. We suggest you start the session with a song or video (see below). Instructor and students greet each other. Engage in a conversation with the students about some of these familiar topics.
· Instructor says: “Good morning/afternoon, students!”
o Students say: Good …!
· Instructor says: “It’s nice to see you again.”
o Students say: I'm glad to see you too. (Explain that glad means happy.)
· Instructor says: “Welcome to our lesson.”
· Instructor says: “My name is “…” “What’s your name?”
· Student says: “My name is “…” That student turns to next student and asks, “What’s your name?” The next student says… “My name is…” (Continue speaking and practicing names with each student in the group.)
· Instructor asks: “How are you? What’s new?”
- Student says: I'm good/ I'm fine/ I'm all right
· Instructor asks: “How is your day?” Student says: It is good. / My day was great/fine.
· Instructor asks: What time is it?
- Song for young kids with body movements:
· Instructor asks: “What day is today? What day was yesterday? What day will it be tomorrow?”
- Early Elementary
· Instructor asks: “What season are we in now?”
· Instructor asks: “What is the month?” Practice saying today is “…….” with students. Elementary and Young Juniors
· Instructor asks: “How’s the weather?” Early Elementary song:
o Students practice saying: It is cloudy/ it's rainy/ it's hot/ it’s nice/ sunny/ windy / cold / foggy…
· Instructor asks: “Are you ready to start our activities today?”
- Students: “Yes!!”
Need help calming your students down? Try this: How to Calm Young Children Down in Minutes – Palming technique – Early Elementary (grades 1-4) Video:
3. Match the Animals
Match pictures with words by writing the appropriate number by the animal picture.
כתבו את המספר של כל חיה בתמונה שלה למטה.
4. Writing Letters
Write the letter that each pair of pictures starts with.
כיתבו את האות הראשונה של כל זוג מילים.
5. Color the Octopus Treasure!
Color the big letters and small letters the same color.
ציבעו את האותיות הגדולות והקטנות המתאימות באותו הצבע.
6. Letter Sound Matching
For each word below, write its letter sound in the appropriate box.
כיתבו את המילים בקבוצות המתאימות.
7. More Animals Activities
Songs & Videos
Following this link will take you to the ESL+ Vocabulary games website. There are a variety of animal categories to choose from.
8. Finish Your Lesson
Closing: After each session before you say goodbye, ask students to reflect on the lesson.
· Instructor asks: What is one thing you liked about the lesson?
· Ask each student to tell you 3 new English words they learned today.
o Repeat the new words after the student says them. Then, repeat the new words with the student again so he/she practices and learns the correct pronunciation.
· Ask: What is one question you still have about what you learned today?
Say goodbye to the students. Tell them you are looking forward to seeing them next time… Instructor says: Have a good day/afternoon… See you next time…