Unit 1: Meet Henry and Lucy
|Book:||Unit 1: Meet Henry and Lucy|
|Printed by:||Guest user|
|Date:||Saturday, 17 April 2021, 1:27 AM|
Attached are activities for Unit 1. In these lessons we will practice the parts of the face, Animal vocabulary, Pronouns "am, is, are", Pronouns "on, in", Long "e" sound in words with –ee and -ea.
1. Begin Your Lesson
Opening: Write the day and date on board. We suggest you start the session with a song or video (see below). Instructor and students greet each other. Engage in a conversation with the students about some of these familiar topics.
· Instructor says: “Good morning/afternoon, students!”
o Students say: Good …!
· Instructor says: “It’s nice to see you again.”
o Students say: I'm glad to see you too. (Explain that glad means happy.)
· Instructor says: “Welcome to our lesson.”
· Instructor says: “My name is “…” “What’s your name?”
· Student says: “My name is “…” That student turns to next student and asks, “What’s your name?” The next student says… “My name is…” (Continue speaking and practicing names with each student in the group.)
· Instructor asks: “How are you? What’s new?”
- Student says: I'm good/ I'm fine/ I'm all right
· Instructor asks: “How is your day?” Student says: It is good. / My day was great/fine.
· Instructor asks: What time is it?
- Song for young kids with body movements:
· Instructor asks: “What day is today? What day was yesterday? What day will it be tomorrow?”
- Early Elementary
· Instructor asks: “What season are we in now?”
· Instructor asks: “What is the month?” Practice saying today is “…….” with students. Elementary and Young Juniors
· Instructor asks: “How’s the weather?” Early Elementary song:
o Students practice saying: It is cloudy/ it's rainy/ it's hot/ it’s nice/ sunny/ windy / cold / foggy…
· Instructor asks: “Are you ready to start our activities today?”
- Students: “Yes!!”
Need help calming your students down? Try this: How to Calm Young Children Down in Minutes – Palming technique – Early Elementary (grades 1-4) Video:
2. I can see ____ (Animals) Worksheet
What Animals Can You See?
Write what animals you can see from the picture below.
כיתבו אילו בעלי חיים אתם רואים בתמונה וציבעו אותם.
3. Match and Color
Match and Color
Match the words to the parts of the face. After, color all the parts of the face.
התאימו את המילים לחלקי הפנים וציבעו אותם.
4. Unit 1 Activities
Attached are activities for Unit 1. In this unit we will practice the parts of the face, Animal vocabulary, Pronouns "am, is, are", Pronouns "on, in", Long "e" sound in words with –ee and -ea.Click here to download The Adventures of Henry and Lucy Unit 1 Activities 4th grade
5. Finish Your Lesson
Closing: After each session before you say goodbye, ask students to reflect on the lesson.
· Instructor asks: What is one thing you liked about the lesson?
· Ask each student to tell you 3 new English words they learned today.
o Repeat the new words after the student says them. Then, repeat the new words with the student again so he/she practices and learns the correct pronunciation.
· Ask: What is one question you still have about what you learned today?
Say goodbye to the students. Tell them you are looking forward to seeing them next time… Instructor says: Have a good day/afternoon… See you next time…