Reading Acquisition: Videos and Activities
|Resources:||Resources & Virtual Learning|
|Book:||Reading Acquisition: Videos and Activities|
|Printed by:||Guest user|
|Date:||Friday, 25 September 2020, 5:57 AM|
1. VIDEO: How to teach reading with phonics
This video series explains how to teach reading with phonics in 12 lessons.
The Alphabet & Letter Sounds
CVCs (3 Letter Words)
2 & 3 Letter Consonant Blends
2 & 3 Letter Consonant Digraphs
Long Vowel Sounds
R Controlled Vowels & Magic E
Long A Sound
Long E Sound
Long I Sound
Long O Sound
Long U Sound
Vowel Digraphs & Diphthongs
2. ABC Letter Cards
3. ABC Videos
1. A Fast Food PowerPoint. Project the presentation from your classroom computer/personal laptop. Read each slide aloud and have your students repeat after you.
2. A Healthy Foods coloring worksheet
3. A Fruits & Vegetables worksheet to color and fill in the missing letters. Some spelling of the words may be tricky, it is recommended to write the trickier words on a whiteboard.
1. This worksheet is about what different items are in a schoolbag. It is recommended to print in color.
7. Reading Cards
This activity is a bit longer than average. You can choose do some of the sections.
8. "Dig into Reading" Reading Booklet
This booklet includes short reading tasks
9. On the Farm Reading Activity
This activity should take around 30 minutes for your students to complete. Print out pages 2-3 for each of your students.
10. Teaching Tips
This video is for advice on teaching sight words:
Creative ways to teach sight words:
11. ABC Worksheet
ABC Matching worksheet - This activity is best printed out for each student so they can practice writing the lowercase letters.
ABC Test - Print each test for each student.ABC of Foods - Print for each student. Kids like talking about food so this should be an interesting worksheet for them.