Unit 1: The Amazing Amazon
|Resources:||Junior High School|
|Book:||Unit 1: The Amazing Amazon|
|Printed by:||Guest user|
|Date:||Wednesday, 4 August 2021, 12:14 AM|
1. Video: Ed Stafford Completes His Journey
Watch the video and answer these questions:
1. How many miles have 'his feet been wet"?
2. How many boots and Crocs did he wear out?
3. What happened to his original partner?
4. Which ocean did they jump into?
2. Earth Day - Make a Poster
Make an online poster about Earth Day
Divide your students into groups/pairs and ask them to find information about Earth Day in Israel or around the world.
a. The activities for Earth Day
b. The location they take place at
c. Who are the people who attend
d. How they helped the earth
The sites below can help you (keywords – Earth Day Events)
Now ask the students to make a poster with facts about an Earth Day event.
They can do it online (on Glogster) or on an A4 paper. You can bring magazines and pictures they can use for their posters.
Make sure the grammar, spelling, and punctuation is correct.
At the end of the lesson, the students share their posters with the group.