Unit 2 Activities: Clothes
|Book:||Unit 2 Activities: Clothes|
|Printed by:||Guest user|
|Date:||Friday, 27 January 2023, 1:34 PM|
1. Activities For Unit 2
Attached are activities for Unit 2. These include activities including vocabulary acquisition and word/letter combinations related to clothing to test your students' knowledge of the unit.
For ease of access, additional online materials such as videos and songs will be kept separate from the following document.
2. Begin Your Lesson
Opening: Write the day and date on board. We suggest you start the session with a song or video (see below). Instructor and students greet each other. Engage in a conversation with the students about some of these familiar topics.
· Instructor says: “Good morning/afternoon, students!”
o Students say: Good …!
· Instructor says: “It’s nice to see you again.”
o Students say: I'm glad to see you too. (Explain that glad means happy.)
· Instructor says: “Welcome to our lesson.”
· Instructor says: “My name is “…” “What’s your name?”
· Student says: “My name is “…” That student turns to next student and asks, “What’s your name?” The next student says… “My name is…” (Continue speaking and practicing names with each student in the group.)
· Instructor asks: “How are you? What’s new?”
- Student says: I'm good/ I'm fine/ I'm all right
· Instructor asks: “How is your day?” Student says: It is good. / My day was great/fine.
· Instructor asks: What time is it?
- Song for young kids with body movements:
· Instructor asks: “What day is today? What day was yesterday? What day will it be tomorrow?”
- Early Elementary
· Instructor asks: “What season are we in now?”
· Instructor asks: “What is the month?” Practice saying today is “…….” with students. Elementary and Young Juniors
· Instructor asks: “How’s the weather?” Early Elementary song:
o Students practice saying: It is cloudy/ it's rainy/ it's hot/ it’s nice/ sunny/ windy / cold / foggy…
· Instructor asks: “Are you ready to start our activities today?”
- Students: “Yes!!”
Need help calming your students down? Try this: How to Calm Young Children Down in Minutes – Palming technique – Early Elementary (grades 1-4) Video:
3. Clothing Vocabulary
Below are the relevant vocabulary words for Unit 2 - Clothes
dress, skirt, shorts, jeans, shirt, coat, umbrella, shoes
4. Video: Clothing Vocabulary
Note: not all items are relevant to the book unit.
Clothes in English - this video includes an introduction of the vocabulary and a recognition activity (6:50).
Kids vocabulary - Clothes
5. What to Wear?
Instruct the students to cut out the clothes below and place next to their matching season.
.גזרו את הבגדים ושימו על יד העונה
6. Dress the Snowman: clothing vocabulary practice page
This activity includes a worksheet to practice the new vocabulary
7. Crossword (Tashbetz)
Instructions: Complete the crossword puzzle.
.השלימו את התשבץ
8. Read and Match
Instructions: Match the pictures to the correct sentences.
Hebrew instructions for the students:
.התאימו את המשפטים לתמונות
I eat a hamburger. …………… I watch TV. ……………
I play with my boat. …………… I run with my dog. ……………
I ride my bike to school. …………… I read and write. ……………
10. Finish Your Lesson
Closing: After each session before you say goodbye, ask students to reflect on the lesson.
· Instructor asks: What is one thing you liked about the lesson?
· Ask each student to tell you 3 new English words they learned today.
o Repeat the new words after the student says them. Then, repeat the new words with the student again so he/she practices and learns the correct pronunciation.
· Ask: What is one question you still have about what you learned today?
Say goodbye to the students. Tell them you are looking forward to seeing them next time… Instructor says: Have a good day/afternoon… See you next time…