Unit 2: A New Home
|Book:||Unit 2: A New Home|
|Printed by:||Guest user|
|Date:||Wednesday, 22 September 2021, 11:17 AM|
1. Begin Your Lesson
Opening: Write the day and date on board. We suggest you start the session with a song or video (see below). Instructor and students greet each other. Engage in a conversation with the students about some of these familiar topics.
· Instructor says: “Good morning/afternoon, students!”
o Students say: Good …!
· Instructor says: “It’s nice to see you again.”
o Students say: I'm glad to see you too. (Explain that glad means happy.)
· Instructor says: “Welcome to our lesson.”
· Instructor says: “My name is “…” “What’s your name?”
· Student says: “My name is “…” That student turns to next student and asks, “What’s your name?” The next student says… “My name is…” (Continue speaking and practicing names with each student in the group.)
· Instructor asks: “How are you? What’s new?”
- Student says: I'm good/ I'm fine/ I'm all right
· Instructor asks: “How is your day?” Student says: It is good. / My day was great/fine.
· Instructor asks: What time is it?
- Song for young kids with body movements:
· Instructor asks: “What day is today? What day was yesterday? What day will it be tomorrow?”
- Early Elementary
· Instructor asks: “What season are we in now?”
· Instructor asks: “What is the month?” Practice saying today is “…….” with students. Elementary and Young Juniors
· Instructor asks: “How’s the weather?” Early Elementary song:
o Students practice saying: It is cloudy/ it's rainy/ it's hot/ it’s nice/ sunny/ windy / cold / foggy…
· Instructor asks: “Are you ready to start our activities today?”
- Students: “Yes!!”
Need help calming your students down? Try this: How to Calm Young Children Down in Minutes – Palming technique – Early Elementary (grades 1-4) Video:
2. Song & Story: In, On, Under
The following video includes cartoon dialogues and stories that can be used for teaching prepositions.
3. Our Farm
The students place the animals on the farm paper according to the teacher’s instructions. Example: There are 3 ducks on the farm.
Vocabulary: hen, horse, bird, duck, donkey, cat, dog, farm.
Listen to the teacher and paste the animals on the farm.
הקשיבו להוראות והדביקו את החיות בחווה.
Cut out the animal pictures and paste them on the farm.
גזרו את התמונות של החיות והדביקו בחווה לפי הוראות המורה.
4. Songs: in, on, under, near
5. Video: Where Is it?
Note: you might need to pre-teach some of the words
6. Adjectives worksheet
Describe the people below (thin, young, old, fat) and match
7. Animals activities
Songs & Videos
Following this link will take you to the ESL+ Vocabulary games website. There are a variety of animal categories to choose from.
8. 5. Old McDonald Had a Farm Song and ActivityWatching Activity:
9. Animals match
Match pictures with words by writing the appropriate number by the animal picture.
כתבו את המספר של כל חיה בתמונה שלה למטה.
10. Finish Your Lesson
Closing: After each session before you say goodbye, ask students to reflect on the lesson.
· Instructor asks: What is one thing you liked about the lesson?
· Ask each student to tell you 3 new English words they learned today.
o Repeat the new words after the student says them. Then, repeat the new words with the student again so he/she practices and learns the correct pronunciation.
· Ask: What is one question you still have about what you learned today?
Say goodbye to the students. Tell them you are looking forward to seeing them next time… Instructor says: Have a good day/afternoon… See you next time…