Unit 3 Activities: Feelings
|Book:||Unit 3 Activities: Feelings|
|Printed by:||Guest user|
|Date:||Thursday, 28 October 2021, 4:48 AM|
Table of contents
- 1. Begin Your Lesson
- 2. If you're happy and you know it
- 3. The Very Hungry Caterpillar (Days of The Week) Activity
- 4. Complete the Sentences: I feel _____
- 5. Emoji Exit Ticket
- 6. Feelings Memory Game
- 7. Videos: plan a party!
- 8. Songs: Days of the Week
- 9. Listening: Daily Schedule
- 10. Practice Days of the Week
- 11. Extra Links and Activities
- 12. Finish Your Lesson
1. Begin Your Lesson
Opening: Write the day and date on board. We suggest you start the session with a song or video (see below). Instructor and students greet each other. Engage in a conversation with the students about some of these familiar topics.
· Instructor says: “Good morning/afternoon, students!”
o Students say: Good …!
· Instructor says: “It’s nice to see you again.”
o Students say: I'm glad to see you too. (Explain that glad means happy.)
· Instructor says: “Welcome to our lesson.”
· Instructor says: “My name is “…” “What’s your name?”
· Student says: “My name is “…” That student turns to next student and asks, “What’s your name?” The next student says… “My name is…” (Continue speaking and practicing names with each student in the group.)
· Instructor asks: “How are you? What’s new?”
- Student says: I'm good/ I'm fine/ I'm all right
· Instructor asks: “How is your day?” Student says: It is good. / My day was great/fine.
· Instructor asks: What time is it?
- Song for young kids with body movements:
· Instructor asks: “What day is today? What day was yesterday? What day will it be tomorrow?”
- Early Elementary
· Instructor asks: “What season are we in now?”
· Instructor asks: “What is the month?” Practice saying today is “…….” with students. Elementary and Young Juniors
· Instructor asks: “How’s the weather?” Early Elementary song:
o Students practice saying: It is cloudy/ it's rainy/ it's hot/ it’s nice/ sunny/ windy / cold / foggy…
· Instructor asks: “Are you ready to start our activities today?”
- Students: “Yes!!”
Need help calming your students down? Try this: How to Calm Young Children Down in Minutes – Palming technique – Early Elementary (grades 1-4) Video:
2. If you're happy and you know it
3. The Very Hungry Caterpillar (Days of The Week) Activity
This activity is based on Eric Carle's "The Hungry Caterpillar". You can read the book to your students or play an audiobook/a video:
Note: the story includes words that do not appear in Click 2. Please review the vocabulary before reading the book:
apple, pears, plums, strawberries, oranges, chocolate, cake, pie, ice-cream cone, pickle, a slice of... , Swiss cheese, salami, lollipop, cherry, cupcake, watermelon.
4. Complete the Sentences: I feel _____
How Do They feel?Complete the sentences:
(vocabulary: sad, happy, angry, tired, scared)
5. Emoji Exit Ticket
6. Feelings Memory Game
Feelings Memory Game
Cut out the cards and match the word to the picture.
גיזרו את הכרטיסים והתאימו בין התמונה למילה.
Print and mix up the cards.
Lay them in rows, face down.
Turn over any two cards.
If the two cards match, keep them.
If they don't match, turn them back over.
Remember what was on each card and where it was.
Watch and remember during the other player's turn.
The game is over when all the cards have been matched.
מערבבים את הקלפים.
מניחים אותם בשורות, עם הציור כלפי מטה.
בכל תור הופכים שני קלפים.
אם שני קלפים תואמים, שומרים אותם.
אם הם אינם תואמים, הופכים אותם בחזרה והתור עובר לשחק הבא.
נסו לזכור מה יש על כל כרטיס והיכן הוא נמצא.
צפו וזכרו את המהלכים של שאר המשתתפים.
המשחק נגמר כאשר נמצאו כל זוגות הכרטיסים המתאימים.
7. Videos: plan a party!
8. Songs: Days of the Week
Days Of The Week Song | Kids Songs | Super Simple Songs
Clap and Stomp: The 7 Days of the Week (lyrics in the video description here: youtube.com/watch?v=3tx0rvuXIRg)
Days of the Week Rap Back Jack Hartmann song
"A Week Is Seven Days" by ABCmouse.com (lyrics is in the video description here: youtube.com/watch?v=V1lm3u9cFEw)
9. Listening: Daily Schedule
10. Practice Days of the Week
In the following link the students can match up the days of the week on the Chocolate Calendar.
11. Extra Links and Activities
10 Thanksgiving Celebrations
12. Finish Your Lesson
Closing: After each session before you say goodbye, ask students to reflect on the lesson.
· Instructor asks: What is one thing you liked about the lesson?
· Ask each student to tell you 3 new English words they learned today.
o Repeat the new words after the student says them. Then, repeat the new words with the student again so he/she practices and learns the correct pronunciation.
· Ask: What is one question you still have about what you learned today?
Say goodbye to the students. Tell them you are looking forward to seeing them next time… Instructor says: Have a good day/afternoon… See you next time…