Unit 2: Art for You and Me
|Book:||Unit 2: Art for You and Me|
|Printed by:||Guest user|
|Date:||Friday, 27 January 2023, 1:06 PM|
1. Begin Your Lesson
Opening: Write the day and date on board. We suggest you start the session with a song or video. (see below) Teacher and students greet each other. Engage in a conversation with the students about some of these familiar topics.
· Say: “Welcome to our lesson.”
· “Good morning/afternoon, students!”
o Good afternoon, teacher!
· “It’s nice to see you again.”
o I'm glad to see you too. (Explain that glad means happy.)
· “How are you? What’s new?”
o I'm good/ I'm fine/ I'm all right
· “How is your day?”
o It is good. / My day was great/fine.
· “What time is it now?”
· “What day is today? What day was yesterday? What day will it be tomorrow?”
· What's the weather today?
o It is cloudy/ it's rainy/ it's hot/ it’s nice/ sunny/ windy
· “Are you ready to start our activities today?”
2. Nahum Gutman: Watching Activity
Go to this website about Israeli artist Nahum Gutman.
Students have learned about him in this chapter. Watch the video yourself before viewing it with the students. When you are ready to view it with the students, stop the video at exactly 1:01.
Ask the students the following questions:
What is happening in the video now?
Where are the children in the video?
What are they doing?
What do you think will
מה מתרחש עכשיו בסרטון?
איפה נמצאים הילדים בסרטון?
מה הם עושים?
מה אתם חושבים שהולך לקרות בהמשך?
Students tell you the answers verbally. Then, play the rest of the video and discuss what happened.
Ask students if they were surprised by what
happened. How did they feel about the ending of the video? Happy, surprised,
Hebrew: האם אתם מופתעים ממה שקרה? כיצד הסרטון גורם לכם להרגיש?
Ask students why they think the creators of the
video produce the video in this way? What were they trying to do? (engage
children, get children curious about the art and the museum…)
Hebrew: מה לדעתכם היתה המטרה של יוצרי הסרטון?
Ask students to write one or more sentences about what they saw in the video.
Hebrew: כיתבו מספר משפטים על מה שראיתם בסרטון
3. Finish Your Lesson
Closing: Reflect on the lesson.
· For younger students, ask one thing they liked about the lesson.
· What new thing did they learn?
· For older students, ask what was special about the lesson.
· What is one question they still have?
· What would they like to learn more about?
Say goodbye to students. Tell them you are looking forward to seeing them next time… Have a good day/afternoon…