Unit 3: Stories
2. Illustrated Children's Stories
Utilize this resource: Illustrated children's stories for kids of all ages
Ask students what they already know about fairy tales. Ask them to give examples of fairy tales. Aladdin, Cinderella…
Review that fairy tales are:
· Stories for children that come from oral storytelling tradition
· Old stories that tell of man’s problems, fears, and hopes
Fairy tales contain one ore more of these elements:
- Contain magic or enchantment in characters, plot, or settings
- May contain characters such as fairies, witches, elves, pixies, magicians, fairy godparents…
- Good versus Evil
- May teach a moral lesson
Review what a fairytale is by viewing and completing these two online lessons: Go to this website: http://www.magickeys.com/books/quizzes/index.html
A lesson and a quiz combined! These are self-contained teaching quizzes about fairy tales. Each one presents information and then reinforces it by asking simple questions.
Lesson 1: What makes a fairy tale?
Lesson 2: How fairy tales came to be.