Cool! Unit 2: Is It True?
2. Begin Your Lesson
Opening: Write the day and date on board. We suggest you start the session with a song or video. Instructors and students greet each other. Engage in a conversation with the students about some of these familiar topics.
· Instructor says: “Good morning/afternoon, students!”
o Students say: Good …!
· Instructor says: “It’s nice to see you again.”
o Students say: I'm glad to see you too. (If needed, explain that glad means happy.)
· Instructor says: “Welcome to our lesson.”
· Instructor says: “My name is “…” “What’s your name?”
· Student says: “My name is “…” That student turns to next student and asks, “What’s your name?” The next student says… “My name is…” (Continue speaking and practicing names with each student in the group.)
· Instructor asks: “How are you? What’s new?”
- Student says: I'm good/ I'm fine/ I'm all right
· Instructor asks: “How is your day?” Student says: It is good. / My day was great/fine.
· Instructor asks: What time is it? Practice saying the time with students…
· Instructor asks: “What day is today? What day was yesterday? What day will it be tomorrow?” Practice answering these questions with the students.
· Instructor asks: “What season are we in now?” Practice saying, The season is … with the students.
· Instructor asks: “What is the month?” Practice saying today is “…….” with students.
- What month is your birthday in? Students answer, “My birthday is in the month of “…” Student asks other student. What month is your birthday in…?
· Instructor asks: “How’s the weather?”
o Students practice saying: It is cloudy/ it's rainy/ it's hot/ it’s nice/ sunny/ windy / cold / foggy…
· Instructor asks: “Are you ready to start our activities today?”
- Students: “Yes!!”