Unit 2: Art for You and Me
1. Begin Your Lesson
Opening: Write the day and date on board. We suggest you start the session with a song or video. (see below) Teacher and students greet each other. Engage in a conversation with the students about some of these familiar topics.
· Say: “Welcome to our lesson.”
· “Good morning/afternoon, students!”
o Good afternoon, teacher!
· “It’s nice to see you again.”
o I'm glad to see you too. (Explain that glad means happy.)
· “How are you? What’s new?”
o I'm good/ I'm fine/ I'm all right
· “How is your day?”
o It is good. / My day was great/fine.
· “What time is it now?”
· “What day is today? What day was yesterday? What day will it be tomorrow?”
· What's the weather today?
o It is cloudy/ it's rainy/ it's hot/ it’s nice/ sunny/ windy
· “Are you ready to start our activities today?”